£90,000 plus bonus and benefits.
Our client is a fast-expanding, substantially backed asset finance business specialising in the provision of a range of funding options into the UK SME and mid-corporate sectors.
As they continue to execute their plan for ambitious growth they are keen to appoint an experienced Head of Legal.
This will be a broad role in an initially small team with a wide range of responsibilities including provision of advice to Board and business at large, document management, contract negotiation and drafting, company secretarial matters as well as establishment of a legal framework and associated budget.
As this is a start-up, the first priority will be working with the COO to establish the legal function. This will include:
- Create document library with template finance agreements and ancillary documents.
- Establish document governance and distribution model.
- Review company secretarial documents and establish library.
- Build relationships with external advisors and set up panel with terms of engagement.
- Own legal budget and establish processes for cost effective sourcing of advice.
- Define requirements for reporting of key metrics to COO and stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be a qualified lawyer with a minimum of five years' experience of PQE. It is also essential that you have experience within the asset finance industry.
This is an excellent opportunity for a legal professional to create a legal function from scratch with no legacy systems or issues. It requires a hands on and delivery focussed attitude, as well as creativity and problem solving skills.
Contact: In the first instance please send your CV in confidence to Miles Clarke at email@example.com or call 0161 486 0011.